Nordic Walking in North Norfolk
Nordic Walking in North Norfolk is a great way to improve fitness, it gives you the benefits of exercising outdoors and is suitable for all levels. Nordic Walking is completely different to general walking or hiking as with Nordic walking the individual uses poles. These poles are used to propel you forward and using the correct Nordic Walking technique can use over 40% more calories than ordinary walking and uses 90% of your muscles.
Nordic Walking is increasingly recommended by the medical profession.
- Being a gentle sport, it is suitable for everyone of any age, even during convalescence.
- It strengthens breathing capacity and heart function.
- It relieves knees and back strain (unlike jogging).
- It uses 80% of your body muscles.
- It expends twice the amount of calories than walking or jogging.
Nordic walking also provides a great social environment, where participants can gain new friends while enjoying the great outdoors.
North Norfolk Coastal Fitness Nordic walks
The Wellness class is a one hour class that takes in some of the beautiful locations around Sheringham. The Wellness class is a gentle walk incorporating mild exercises that will help strengthen joints.
This a four week course to encourage clients to take the first steps to becoming healthy and learn that exercise is an essential part of everyday living.
The Nordic beginner’s class is essential to learn the basic techniques of Nordic Walking. It is a four week one hour course that teaches clients the fundamentals of Nordic training technique., such as pole position for walking up and down hills, single poling and a chance to try Nordic sport Gaining confidence to progress onto other classes where the client can build on the knowledge they have already learnt.
Nordic moderate Fitness
The moderate fitness class is a one hour class for those who prefer a moderate pace with one or two stops along the way. The class offers spectacular locations, and the social aspect is high on the agenda. (often there will be a stop for a cuppa or maybe something stronger!)
The Nordic fitness class is a one and a half hour class that is designed for those who want to achieve cardiovascular fitness from Nordic walking. The pace is steady, continuous and with exercise stops.
The dynamic class is designed to give an all over workout, including upper body strength, fast Nordic pace. The class incorporate exercises and Nordic sport techniques. It is slightly longer in length than the rest of the classes.
All Classes are in varied locations- Please see Weekly Schedule
page for more details or
Contact Anita or Sally for more details on 07867791034 or 07825773368
What our members think.......
“The great (North Norfolk) outdoors. A wonderful sense of camaraderie amongst the walkers and two of the nicest people to guide us up hills and down valleys; through woods; and who always stand with their back to the fabulous views while we are doing their gentle but body-toning exercises.”
Power walking is a style of walking performed at a steady, energetic pace, consisting of pronounced arm movements and brisk footsteps. Power walking requires little more than comfortable attire, proper walking shoes, and a love of fresh outdoor air. This form of activity offers many benefits.
Power walking is an effective way to help manage your weight, since it works your muscles using intense, exaggerated movement of the arms and feet. It is an efficient method for burning calories.
- When done with consistency, power walking can help raise good cholesterol levels and decrease bad cholesterol levels.
- Cardiovascular exercises like power walking help to lower high blood pressure and lessen the risks of illnesses like type 2 diabetes.
- Power walking helps reduce the stresses associated with day-to-day living. One session every day helps redirect your focus and concentration away from stressful environments and situations.
- Power walking uses both upper body and lower body strength, which results in stronger muscles and bones. Improved body conditioning provides better endurance for carrying out daily tasks.
North Norfolk Coast Fitness offers regular power walking sessions with a qualified instructor to encourage you to reach your full potential.
"Just to say thank you for your support and encouragement on the Sheringham Park walk. It was challenging but I felt a tremendous sense of achievement when we finished.
Loving all the walks and feeling so much better physically, mentally and emotionally for having joined your Nordic walking group. Thank you".